Friday, August 7, 2009

So It Begins...

Hello fellow Earthlings...
I have not actually made a successful blog before, so this may be interesting. I suppose I should start by introducing myself. The name is Matthew, aka The Skeptic Samurai. I am known mostly for my interest in death metal music, geekdom, and atheism.

I have very strong opinions on music. If you truly want to enjoy music, then you must go out and find a particular kind of music that you alone enjoy. I have a deep hatred towards radio stations and the music they choose to play.

The music industry seems very unfair to the art of music. Only the select few bands that are chosen by recording industries may create albums recorded in a professional studio and go on tours. So, therefore the only bands you ever actually hear about are the ones chosen by the recording companies.

If you respect the art of music then you will not restrict yourself to the select few bands of the recording industry. Everyone should look into bands in your local community and local bands from all over the world. There are millions of bands created all over the world and many of them never get the chance to sell albums and go on tour all over the world. Although, in this new age we have the power to do so with the Interwebz! That is how I find most of my music, over the internet. I've discovered many bands from all over the world that I never knew existed until I took a real interest in music.

There are millions of bands in the world and there is no reason why you should listen to all the same music that the radio stations play over and over and over and over and over again. I've noticed something strange since I've stopped listening to the radio...I still manage to recognize all the most popular songs. I hear them on Tv, in movies, and when I'm with friends all the time. And even though I hate this music, somehow I'm still stuck listening to it constantly. Which brings me to another point...how the media works. But I'll get to that another day.
Anywho, that's my two cents on the music industry and a little bit on the media. Hopefully you learned something, so Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment