Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Freedom and the Media

Awhile back, in my post "Who To Trust", I explained how we determine who gives us information. A majority of the time, if the person is influential and convincing, even without any real evidence or proof for a claim, most people will believe them. For example:


That got me into thinking that maybe the best way to know who's intelligent, is to test how they determine who to trust. I might sound a little cocky or something, but I think it's true. If you can't figure out who is telling you the truth, then you can't be very intelligent.

So, with knowledge of how to control the less intelligible people, someone could easily gain presidency simply by being very influential and aspiring. If I was a very influential and aspiring person, believe me, I'd probably be able to pull it off. This might just be a great weakness to Democracy. Sure, we all have our own voice, but how do we know our voice is not just a repeat of something we heard on tv.

There must be some way around this issue, but either way I look at it doesn't seem very pleasant. We could either limit who gets to vote, or limit what is said on tv. Either one would be a direct obstacle towards freedom, which is what this country is all about, supposedly. But if the programming on tv is capable of making up our minds for us, then is that really freedom either? Honestly, I think the whole system should probably be reworked, but that would require the creation of a new country. Maybe when I'm a millionaire and buy my own island I'll get to work on that. Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment